What Are We Going to Do?
I just heard a comedian talk about the tress teachers are under with all the state mandated bench marks, test scores and expectations, to name just a few. He was hilarious but at the same time, it was so sad. It is true our teachers are asked to perform miracles. Unfortunately, this course is not taught in our collages. Seriously, something has to be done not just for the teachers, but also for the students. Our children are put under an enormous amount of stress while in our public schools. What can we as parents do to help make a change to relieve some of this stress? It is time for us as parents to get involved and make a difference. We, as a parent, have rights. Let’s start exercising them. Here are some things I thought of Maybe you have some ideas as well.
• Visit your child’s classroom frequently
• Go to the school’s PTO meetings
• You call for a parent/teacher conference regularly
• Contact your congressman/senator about your concerns
• Contact your local school board
• Talk to your children, know what is going on in their lives
Remember, we must be the voice for our children. I love children and only want the best for them. That is one of the reasons I have written my books. All my books are fiction books. I want to add fun to their reading selections.